Now more than ever we are constantly surrounded by negativity. School work, friend drama, social media, and so on, are endless influencers on stress and negativity and are nearly impossible to escape. I think we often don't even realize when we are being negative or grumpy because we've just become so numb to the feeling. I know I've definitely struggled with staying positive and happy throughout the day or week, however there are some things I know will always make me feel a bit better. Here are a few ideas to get you out of a funk and into some happy vibes.
1. TAKE A WALK: This, without a doubt always makes me feel better. Whenever I'm feeling particularly overwhelmed I like to just step outside for a bit and go for a walk around the neighborhood. I'll pop in my headphones, listen to some calming jams, and literally take the time to smell the roses. I swear the healing powers of fresh air are magical.
2. DRAW: Even if you're not the least bit artistic, drawing is a great way put you in a happy place. Doodling or sketching your feelings lets you creatively jot down your thoughts in a way that you can visually understand. Or if you're anything like me, you can just draw some shapes on a page and call it a day.
3. SLEEP: I can not stress enough how important sleep is. I know that if I don't get enough sleep my entire day is thrown off. As lame as it might sound, sticking to a strict sleep schedule is so important for your health and well being. So make sure you're getting enough zzz's every night to keep you smiling throughout the daytime.
4. GRATITUDE/INTENTIONS: Writing down some things you are grateful for can reset your mind to think in a more positive, loving way. I find that if I just spend five minutes jotting down gratitude in my journal I feel so much better, and I'm able to recognize the little things throughout my day that make life so beautiful. In addition, setting your intentions at the start of your day can increase productivity and give you a greater sense of purpose.
5. GIVE A COMPLIMENT: Giving someone a compliment and seeing their smile makes me feel very happy. I think we could all use a compliment once in a while, and I strongly believe that when you spread happiness, you will receive happiness. So go on and tell a stranger how much you love their shoes, or sunglasses, or whatever it is!
STAY HAPPY FRIENDS :)