The day has arrived! Happy birthday to me! I'm officially 21! I'm honestly impressed I've made it this far. I think I deserve an extra big slice of cake today. I'd like to say that I'll be celebrating tonight in a super chic bar with girlfriends and gorgeous men, looking flawless as I order my first legal drink, but lol no. I'm actually having friends over to my apartment for a little party (dino chicken nuggets may or may not be involved) before heading out to a grimy college bar. Traditionalism exists solely for 21st birthdays, right? Anyway, I'm excited and can't wait to celebrate with my friends in the most debaucherous (sp?) way possible.
Now that I'm a year older, I'm obviously a year wiser so I thought I'd share some of my knowledge with you all. In no particular order, here are 21 things I've learned in my 21 years. Enjoy! :)
- Be kind to everyone. Always.
- Water is the key to everything. Stay hydrated.
- Selfcare/self love is actually so important. Never forget to put yourself first.
- Dogs are little earth angels. We humans don't deserve them.
- It takes a friend to be a friend.
- A cup of hot tea solves most problems.
- Sweat it out. Daily exercise is essential for maintaining your sanity.
- Wear sunscreen every day.
- In general, do the most for you skin (after today I plan on never aging).
- When it comes to men, establish and maintain your standards. You are worth it.
- If you're feeling low or having a terrible day just remember that you've already survived 100% of your bad days. Things will be okay.
- Be kind to your body.
- Whenever someone walks into your home offer them something to drink or eat.
- Be aware of the amount of time you spend on technology.
- Don't get caught up in social media. Focus on what's real/ what's in front of you.
- Even if you fail, hard work is always worth it.
- Surround yourself with people who lift you up and inspire you to be better. And don't feel guilty for cutting out the people in your life who bring you down.
- You can watch Friends until the end of time and still never get tired of it.
- Family is the most important thing we have.
- Spend as much time outside/in nature as possible. It's good for the soul.
- Nothing is for sure. Appreciate every moment that's given to you.