SUMMER IS HERE BABY!!!!! I finished school two weeks ago and headed straight to the desert for some serious de-stressing (think, lounging poolside like a beached whale, reading murder mysteries, and drinking too much lime La Croix). But now I'm BACK! You can again look forward to my bi-weekly/ Monday and Thursday articles. Aren't you just screaming inside?!
Now that my mini hiatus is over, what's a better way to kick off summer posts than sharing my favorite glowy makeup?! I don't wear makeup everyday, mostly because my skin is super sensitive and I'm still dealing with acne however, on the rare occasion I do put a little extra effort into my facial appearance, I am always shocked at how simple and fast my makeup look is. No really, it only takes ten minutes. Truly.
My favorite look to wear year round, but especially during these warm summer months, is a glowy, bronzed face, simple eyes, and the tiniest bit of lip and cheek color. This look is simple, understated, professional enough to wear to the office yet refined and sexy enough for a date night at sunset.
This look really does only take 10 minutes, and the job is so easily done if you start out with good skin. Now, I do not have good skin. My skin hates me. Our relationship is very complicated. But despite all that, I try my best to take care of my skin (aka hydrate, cleanse, cleanse, cleanse, CLEANSE), so when In finally decide to put makeup on, it goes on as evenly as it can.
Scroll down to read my 10 step guide to achieving this perfectly glowy summer makeup look and all the products I use! Click the linked products to shop!
10 STEP GLOWY SUMMER MAKEUP
- Apply an ample amount of sunscreen to your face!! Even if your foundation has SPF in it, ALWAYS DO THE MOST when it comes to sun protection (especially in the summer). I love to try out different sunscreens, but lately I've been into CeraVe Invisible Zinc Sunscreen. $11.24
- Pat a light layer of moisturizer to your face, just to hydrate and prepare your skin. While there are so many amazing creams/moisturizers out there, I am oddly obsessed with Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream. I don't know why. Maybe it's the comforting, safe scent of the cream, or the instant hydration my face feels when I pat it on. Or the fact that it's so cheap and convenient? $5.04
- Use your hands to apply primer to your entire face and a little below your jaw line. I use Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer because I love it's gel like texture and the way it warms up when I rub it between my hands before applying to my face. It's super silky and smooth! $25
- Start off your look with your favorite foundation. Unless I have an especially horrifying pimple, I usually skip concealer and just apply foundation everywhere. I'm loving Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation, because it's full coverage without the cakey texture or appearance. $40
- Next, with my pointer finger, I dab high lighter down the bridge of my nose, on my brow bone, and the tops of my cheekbones and temples. I love Milk Makeup Highlighter because of it's creamy consistency and subtle sparkles that really give my skin that dewy glow. $24
- Now for the real glow: I swipe Bobbi Brown Bronzing Power along the hallows of of my cheeks, jawline, and top of my forehead towards my hairline. I never really used a bronzer up until a few weeks ago, but I must say it is a GAME CHANGER. Bronzer just makes everything more glowy, accentuates the contours of your face, and brings out the highlighter on your cheeks. $44
- For a little color on my cheeks I use Glossier Cloud Paint in Beam, a coral-peach shade that gives me a natural flush. Cloud paint seriously lives up to its hype because its a natural looking blush that can be as subtle or as bold as you'd like, depending how you build the product onto your cheeks. $18
- After my face is well covered, I add a little sparkle to my eyes. With Smashbox Full Exposure Palette, I use the lighter brown and nude colors on the tops of my lids. Besides adding slight depth to my eyes, eyeshadow really doesn't do much for me, but using neutral nudes and browns is a great look for summer. $52
- I go in with a few swipes of L'Oreal Vlouminous Lash Paradise Mascara to polish off my eyes. Let me tell you, I HAVE THE SHORTEST LASHES. Seriously, my lashes are minuscule and the amount of times I've considered getting extensions is beyond annoying. BUT this Allure award winning, Best Of Beauty mascara is a true life saver! It's adds much needed length and volume to my barely there lashes, and is an easy drug store find! $9.99
- And finally, for a bit of lips I like to line and fill my lips with a Mac Lip Pencil in Dervish. I like to not only line my lips with with a pencil, but use the pencil to fill in the rest of my lips too. I usually make a few inward lines and rub my finger along my lips to blend the color. $18
Stay glowy my friends :)