It would be silly to not take advantage of these warm summer evenings, and what better way to spend your nights than with your s/o? Wether you're in a committed relationship or flirty summer fling, one thing's for sure; you want to do date night right.
I am the ultimate homebody, but this summer I've been trying to get out there and try new things and I was honestly so amazed at the infinite opportunities, and happenings in Los Angeles. I got excited just browsing the DTLA events calendar because there's something to do literally every night! Even though I'm currently with out a boyfriend or whatever (lol @ my life), I thought I would write up a little list of summer date night ideas in LA! Scroll down to read more!
1. Beach walk and Shutters Rosé Bar: After a casual stroll along the Venice boardwalk reward yourselves with a crisp, cold, glass of rosé, from Shutters at the Beach Rosé Bar. The iconic beachside hotel is celebrating their 25th birthday with a new "al fresco Rosé and Champagne bar" just steps from the beach!
2. Outdoor movie: Take movie night outside to one of LA's many outdoor theater locations! You can check out Cinespia's website to see all the movies they'll be showing at the Hollywood Forever Cemetary (a popular location grassy location) this summer season. And make the night even easier with Joy Mode, a high quality rental company that lends you "everything you need to have the experiences you want- from every day actives to unforgettable moments". Joy Mode lets you order the supplies you need (in this case: picnic basket, chairs, blankets, pillows etc), delivers them straight to your door and picks them up when you're done!
3. Arcade bar: Travel back in time and up the competition between you and your partner by playing some old school arcade games! Break Room 86 is a fun bar located in Korea Town, with major throwback vibes, that you guys will be able to talk about long after the date ends. Yes, themed bars, themed anything really, is cheesy, but that's part of the fun right?
4. Beach picnic: Keep it super casual with a relaxed beach picnic. Pack a basket full of you and your s/o's favorite treats and head to the beach just before sunset. Enjoy the fiery orange painted sky, salt air, and good eats as you laugh the evening away with your partner.
5. Zero digital distraction: This isn't really a date idea you can go to, but it's a pretty cool idea. These days everyone is pretty much addicted to their phones and feel the need to check it every 3 seconds, which can be totally distracting when you're trying to have a nice date or just spend quality time with your s/o. So next time you go on a date follow this one rule: NO PHONE. Leave your phone at home or power it off for the duration of the date and just fully enjoy each other's company. Yes, this means you won't be able to take a cute picture or Insta Story just ~how cute omggg~ you and your boyfriend are, but it will be okay. The world is not coming to an end. And hey, maybe you'll enjoy this zero-digital-distraction-date so much it'll become a habit!
I hope you enjoyed these ideas and can now try something new for date night!! Happy Friday:)